Staring at a computer screen, smart phone or tablet for extended periods of time can cause eye strain, blurry vision, eye pain, dry eyes and/or eye fatigue. Studies have shown we blink 50% less than normal while on digital devices. A few simple changes in your daily life can make a huge difference in the way your eyes feel!
- Sit approximately 2 feet from the computer screen and lower the computer screen so you are looking down instead of up or straight.
- Reduce glare from the screen by the increasing the ambient light or by using a screen filter.
- Remember to BLINK! The iPhone has an app with reminders for blinking exercises.
- Remember the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes look at an object 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep artificial tears close by and use them generously when your eyes feel dry.